Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I've missed a few days so I'll have a couple posts today to make up for it.

Today I had the first of several days I'll be spending in room 226 Goldthorpe. I know that sounds like I'm in some drug rehab building, but it's actually my Cultural studies of the 1980's class. "plot twist" ? Not sure if that actually worked there (Kanye shoulder shrug) It went like how most first days of class go. You show up and go over the syllabus. Yes, thee almighty syllabus the dread of every students first day of class. This syllabus was the same as any other. Outlining the percentages of each aspect of the class, and introducing the teachers, and their various accolades. The unique part of this class, was definitely Dominique my flagrantly homo sexual teacher. I find it amazing that 20 years ago (Roughly when I was born) it would have been preposterous for a homo sexual to be a teacher none the less an openly gay one, but since I've been in school I've had at least 4. I find this to be in every way absolutely awesome!!! There are few things in America that still encourage me to have faith in this country. The acceptance of marijuana and gay marriage and equality are a few of them. This is completely beside the fact that these few openly gay teachers I've had, have been some of my favorite teachers bar none. When I see other students who in some cases are against gay rights enjoying these teachers, it brings a smile to my face.The future of America (though financially terrible) is morally becoming a place I wouldn't mind living. So thank you Dominique for being a human, and thank you University of Dubuque for hiring a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment