Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013



January 1


                 It's amazing how a year of your life passes. I've lived through the 90's, and I've seen every year of the 2000's. After each year I like to think that I've had dramatic changes in my life. ( at least the last four or so years) I've dabbled in drugs and alcohol, switched my religion, became a hipster, attend a private college in Dubuque. All of these are dramatic changes in their own rights, but now it is 2013. I'm a 19 year old boy who still hasn't declared a definitive major and hardly knows who he is. I struggle to find peace on a regular bases and I'm unsatisfied with things in my life. So a new year has begone and this is generally as good a time as any to seek changes in life. I do have a couple resolutions I'd like to see come to fruition, and since no one reads this I guess I can confide them all here. 

I'm getting dreadlocks. They're very symbolic for a change in your life, a journey or coming of age. I've wanted them for some time now. So this isn't some spur of the moment David being impulsive thing. Also in this blog; David is how I will refer to myself. 

I'm going to limit if not completely get rid of swearing in my life. There is a reason you don't here respected adults swearing all the time. It's an incredibly immature and rude way of getting your point or emotions across. Frankly it's time for me to cut it out of my life because I have no room for it.

I'm going to workout everyday of 2013. No running doesn't count, neither does lifting that is required for running. To be honest I've been a bean pole for as long as I can remember, and I wouldn't mind some muscle on these bones.

I'm going to be a vegan for as long as I can stand it. Hopefully this lasts a long long time. If you do it right it can drastically help you health wise, and make you a stronger person in general.

I'm going to post in this blog everyday of 2013 at least once if not twice a day. I'm off to a grand start if you haven't caught on yet.

These are all the resolutions I want to do for this year. Four isn't ridiculous, and it helps to have it written down and staring you in the face. I might print off the four and post them in my room. I'm not under the impression that changing these things is going to make me a happier person. To the contrary this stuff could make me feel miserable, but without change in your life, what are you? That's it for today. Seems kind of ominous and super informative, I promise not all of my blogs will be like this. Generally it'll be about my day, or something I saw outside. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment