Friday, January 4, 2013

Mile

"Hey bruh, wanna just loop around and go up around thata way?" "There's no sidewalk over there..." "yeah, but there is a street" 

Today I ran with P, we haven't really gotten to run together very often as of late, mostly cause I've been on an incredible escapade the last month and a half. Which is a blessing and a curse. I'm out of shape quite frankly. Which isnt a feeling I'm not used to. I seem to fall in an out of shape on the flip of a dime. I went to practice today utterly beat up from the last two days of working out. Coach Goon told us to go on a 25 minute run and then meet at the track to run 4 400's. The warm up was pretty icy, and we had to go on the HGWY for a large part of it. It was kinda frightening to be completely honest. Two semis got a little to close for comfort, I could feel the air rush passed me, and it made my heart beat as if it was going to take two of my ribs and play los brujos de cisano on my chest. When we did finish and got back to the track, I donned the Texas shorts to show the boys what was up. I literally have never had a workout go that well. I beat the pants off of them every interval. Even coach J was impressed with our effort. On the last interval I took off and this guy didnt look before he ran on the track, I had to truck him a little and I may have said "cheese and crackers" if you know what I mean. One of my biggest pet peeves is track etiquette. I'm not going to go into the rules of track etiquette here, but just know that it is a thing. After I finished I was over joyed with my performance. I'm not trying to brag and seem pompous, so I will also include that most of those guys would absolutely poop on me in any interval that was 1000 meters plus any given day of the week, but 400 and 800 meter intervals are most definitely where I make my bed. That's all today just a little update on how the run went. Bake it cheezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment